20 August 2016
Mr. Pasadena to emcee The Long Table Aug. 20th
I am so excited to be the emcee of the Pasadena Playhouse District food and Wine celebration for 2016. The Long Table is a Playhouse District celebration of community with a sit down dinner for 300 guests on a summer evening under the shaded canopy of Green Street. A four-course meal is served featuring a series of delectable dishes prepared by local restaurants including Braise & Crumble, El Portal, Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, Tarantino’s Pizzeria, dusitD2 hotel constance, Le Muse Coffee & Wine and more. A special wine menu is offered by Monopole Wine and coffee will be provided by The Next Chapter.
I wold love to invite you all, but I am writing this late and I hear the the tickets are SOLD OUT. Maybe it was because the word got out that I was going to emcee?? lol I will follow up with pics for sure. Cheers to your weekend in Pasadena!
In case you were wondering what dinner and the event will look like:
Wine and Cheese Reception
- Enjoy a pre-dinner Artisan wine and cheese reception from 5pm – 6pm.
- Perry’s at dusitD2 hotel constance: Appetizer – Duck Spring Roll with char siu sauce and coriander
(Non-meat option will be available for guests who select the Vegetarian Entrée)
- Avanti Cafe: Salad – Mediterranean Salad with baby spring mix, chopped tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives, garbanzo beans, Feta cheese and focaccia croutons with an apple-lime dressing
- El Portal Restaurant: Beef Main Entrée – Braised Boneless Short Rib over a nest of creamy herbed polenta brandy bordelaise sauce served with baked globe tomato filled with diced summer vegetables and fresh grilled asparagus
- Le Muse Coffee & Wine: Vegetarian Main Entrée – Mediterranean Late Summer Pasta with grilled lemons and asparagus, cannellini beans, ricotta salata and mini heirloom tomatoes
- Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine: Fish Main Entrée – Misoyaki Butterfish with sizzling soy vinaigrette with baby bok choy and furikake rice
- Tarantino’s Pizzeria: Chicken Main Entrée – Chicken Marsala sautéed with onions and mushrooms with a side of linguine marinara
- Braise & Crumble: Dessert – Key Lime Brownie Pie, a creamy, tart lime filling sitting atop a delicious brownie crust
Wine & Refreshments
- Monopole Wine: Wine – will provide a special wine selection for the summer culinary celebration
- The Next Chapter: Coffee – Jones Coffee Roasters Pasadena Blend – a blend of Sumatra, Kenya and Ethiopia
- Jacob Maarse: beautiful floral centerpieces designed for summer
- The jazz sounds of The David Minasian Trio + Artyom Manukyan add to the ambiance. Sponsored by Minasian & Associates.
- And yes I (Mr. Pasadena) will serve as Master of Ceremonies at The Long Table!
- Lyd & Mo will capture each moment of this summer celebration.